Thursday, September 13, 2012

To my dream star

i

Dashing ahead
She passed by my seat
A split second eye contact
A familiar face I thought it was


ii

Standing beside her in a crowd
Inches separating us
I glanced at her and leapt for joy
The familiar face now has a name


iii

Her name appeared again
First conversation
A training session
And a silent film


iv

First question
First response
First pages of the book opened
First thread of knowledge shared


v

The star grew wiser
Another year on the record
A stranger can only offer
A short greeting and a note


vi

A few more questions
A couple of even better answers
The learning gets deeper
The respect and admiration grew stronger


vii

The unlucky day's the exact opposite
I never learned more enough
I never smiled longer enough
The first smile of the star - Priceless


viii

The teacher became a master
Conversations with a bit of laughter
A few words of encouragement
Made the disciple a whole lot better


ix

A self-professed fan
To a noteworthy star
Admiring from afar
Silently wishing for an unexpected plan


x

Try-to-stay-awake-Mondays
Even a star gets sleepy these days
What will keep her up?
A cup of coffee and a pudding cup?


xi

A tough problem
A new lesson
I took it as a challenge
From the star of the endless horizon


xii

A goal declared
Try and be like her
With her unsolicited advice
On patience and willingness


xiii

A present for her
A sign of gratitude
The first time I heard her voice
The first real conversation


xiv

Taking accountability a notch higher
Holding myself back from asking
Another words of encouragement
So my direction indeed is right


xv

Another broken note
Along the strong wind
And a heavy downpour
Wishing the star a safe trip back home


xvi

A surprise greeting from the star
Along with a question
My turn to give back something
Turned out to be another failure


xvii

"Curiosity kills the cat
But you're not a cat so..."
Can I be curious not about the subject matter
But of the subject master?


xviii

Accepted defeat before the battle started
Revived hope as the star initiated
My pen and notebook became lively again
A hopeless romantic in action once more

No comments:

Post a Comment