Sunday, September 30, 2012

Repentance and Faith: CLP Day 5 Talk 4

Here goes the last talk to complete Module 1. Majority of the brothers and sisters mentioned that this is one of the talks that change their outlook in life. With an overview of the theme, I guess this will also apply to me. 

The skies are quite clear by 6:00 in the evening this Saturday - an indication that there will be more participants this time. And yet, it is. I'm glad that we're almost double in numbers compared last week. 

It is unusual not seeing Bro. Elmar around as he is the Team Leader for this CLP. Apparently, he can't come this session. Bro. Ross took over his role for this day. (Speaking of Bro. Ross, he showed me a magic trick just before the talk started, something to entertain us. I guess I'm not really good at those hand tricks. I wanna thank him for reaching out to us and giving a warm welcome.) Bro. Jhat, the Chapter Head, was back as well. He's the one of those who told us how this talk has changed him. Not just the talk, but also the worship song. 

It is also the first time that I had a chat with one of the sister participants , though I haven't asked her name (I've heard it was Shy, will ask her next week). It is nice having this short conversations with the people around you, it boosts up my sense of belongingness, something good for a naturally silent and timid person like me. 

Let's proceed with the songs. I don't feel like my voice is in good condition today, but nonetheless, I will sing Him praises and worship. 

Oh God is enough for me
Nothing else will ever be
And I am satisfied 
For I have found my peace
==

I stand on higher ground
I was lost but now I'm here
With you, my refuge
My stronghold, always
With you, faithful one
Holding on
I am always with you
==

Jesus, I believe in you
And I would go 
To the ends of the earth
For you alone are the son of God
And all the world will see
That you are God
You are God


Bro. Arnold, a member of Couples for Christ and previously SFC as well was our speaker for the day. He started with a short tale on the wrongdoings he'd committed as a child and before joining SFC. Somehow, I can connect to what he is saying, for I myself have done those in the past. For all these, we need repentance: not just a simple mindset of avoiding the sins, but actually working on it. It is about taking that step. It doesn't need to be all at once. A step at a time is enough. I have just had my confession last July on my solo retreat, so I felt like I'm feeling lesser guilt for the sins I previously committed. But as Bro. Arnold said, they will come back. There will be temptations to lure as away from God, for us to commit those sins once more. I for one have seen those temptations: most I was able to withstand, but some are still coming back. This battle will continue for quite some time. But with God, I know I will always emerge victorious. Because along with repentance, we need Faith to keep us away from sins. The stronger our faith, the weaker the other forces will be.

Faith is believing without seeing.  Our eyes alone is not enough in faith. What we need is our hearts - and the conviction to follow Him. So we ask, Open the eyes of my heart, Lord.

Since the topic is about repentance and faith, the story of the Prodigal Son will never be missed. The sharers also told of stories similar to the Prodigal Son. I can relate to the story. I have just returned, and I pray that I will keep on threading this path.  I was once blinded by a relationship, that I failed to observe the other things in life, specially my faith in Him. I was glad to be back here. And of course, it is Bro. Den (Pogi ^_^)'s turn to share. The group sharing we had is also an eye opener to me. I had a flashback of my past, and smiled after thinking how those memories had molded me. 

Before the start of the new module next week, we have scheduled our One-To-Ones with our facilitators. I'll be looking forward to my OTO with Bro. Den. I hope to share some more, and learn more as well. 

I have found my peace.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment