Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 3 Talk 2: Who is Jesus Christ?


I wasn’t able to attend this session due to a separate commitment. Nonetheless, I thank God for Bro. Den (Pogi ^_^) for granting my previous request to save me a copy of the participant’s handout. Now I can share something regarding the topic. I hope that after the makeup session two weeks from now, I can make some changes here and add a few more insights. Also, I want to add the “musical” side of the day, as it was one of the things I’m looking forward to every session. After all, it is my chance to sing my heart out and loud (though out of tune) with praises and worship to Him.

Way back to the Old Testament, the coming of Jesus has been announced a couple of times. And with his birth, He made such an impact in history that it also made way for the division of those times to BC and AD. He came into the world not to live, but to die for us and to save us. They say that Christianity started on that fateful day.

Through the daily readings, Jesus was described in many ways: First, Jesus as the bread of life (Jn 6:32-40); Second, Jesus as the good shepherd (Jn 10:7-15); third, Jesus as the Way, the Truth, and the Life; fourth, Jesus working as the Son of God (Jn 5 : 18-24); and so on and so forth. Jesus claimed to be a God, something no other religious leader was able to do so. He has done the work of God through the miracles of healing the sick and raising the dead.

Again, I hope to share more regarding the topic by the time I attended the makeup session for this talk. I will go back here, and look forward to a better story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment