Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Long Time No See

"Long time no see!"

--- The very first line I can remember when I think of the first days we met back in our elementary days. I can only say the same line right now, 'coz it's been so long since I last saw you.

Six years ago --  those were the days I considered the "golden age of my cellphone". That was when I found your account in Friendster, we became textmates, you've mistaken me for a namesake, but still, we ended up being good , if not, close friends. Going back to those days makes me realize that it was the year when I started to experience the best of my times. My life has been filled with thrill, music, excitement, friendship, love, heartaches, hello's and goodbye's since then. It all began when I met you, the bestfriend who changed half of my life back then.

I will never forget the days when I got so hooked on my radio, waiting for the "song without title", while you're listening there . I miss singing thru text messages, exchanging lines to somehow render a duet of "Alipin".  I miss the words of wisdom, the memorable quotes, our "hopeless romantic" love stories back then, texting from day to night, sharing stories of what happened the entire day. I miss everything. Even when you lost your phone, we continued the exchange of messages thru FS. I miss giving you updates on Bituing Walang Ningning, Dorina and Lavina. I miss giving you a report on my school performance, schedule and subjects for the next semester, and my hopeless stories of the girl I wanted to take care of. I miss your advice on school, family, and even on lovelife (though there really is none back then, ^_^). I considered you a sister, a mother, my best friend, and of course, my Kambal. My life turned from nothing to something. That is how much your friendship meant to me.

Times change. And so do people. I can still remember at one point, we made a promise that no matter what happens, that we may fail to keep in touch with one another, yet, we will remain as good friends. We've been busy with our lives, our studies, families, friends and career. So it happened. We've been parted in silence, just like most childhood friends. During those days, I enjoyed the company of another circle of friends, but most of the time, I was alone. I can only read your 1-3 year old messages to save a smile in my face. I was so attached to our friendship back then, that I can only write a couple of notes carrying my sentiments to the most missed bestfriend. I was weak, you are strong. Moving forward has been difficult for me. Just then, I must apologize if some of those notes made you cry. It was never my intention to bring you into tears. I'm just a selfish guy who wants to be with his bestfriend back then. I'm sorry.

Then we found a way to communicate once more. Though not the same as it used to be, I'm just glad to learn more about you again, the bestfriend who had the most influence over me during my transition from school life to the corporate world. I've accepted that things change. It's human nature. We've grown apart. We had our share of great experiences while we're away. I was hoping to share a new set of stories with you again. I became a better storyteller because of you. I became a good listener as well, as you said, an "absorber". This time, we're older, wiser. Though things have changed, and we may not be like how we once were, I'm still looking forward to the day I can tell you those stories again. I'm hoping to receive and share the old text messages/quotes I memorized before. And finally, I'm hoping to call you "kambal" again, even for just one last time.

I haven't really given you a birthday present ever since I met you again. I owe you six years worth of gifts. I hope this works as one. I'll compensate for the remaining somehow :D

Happy Birthday, my good old bestfriend!

Thank you for the life-changing lessons you taught me. And of course, for the great friendship you offered. I'll treasure them here ----> <3 .="." br="br">
And of course...

Long time no see!

No comments:

Post a Comment