Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Writings from my ACS Experience (Posted Sep 19 '08)


One thing i’m thankful for participating in the pre-employment training at ACS (call center) is that i was able to practice my writing skills. it’s been quite a while since i have written something (not since my graduation which dates back to April). we are tasked to create speeches during the training. while doing so, i kept myself busy with other writings…
so, it’s about time to make use of this blog. the product of my “Burden, confusion, and inspiration.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Expect the unexpected! What a day!
I thought that yesterday will be my last day in the training. I’m still having trouble pronouncing a number of words. What I can only guarantee are my quizzes. Well, as I said, expect the unexpected. I passed! Thank god! And thanks to the people who served as my inspirations. My family, my best friend, the Foundation, and many others.
I have already exceeded my expectations (personally, I have set those limitations for myself though I know I can go beyond that). Finishing the first phase of the training is enough for me. The next one is a consolation. The last, it’s a blessing! I’m very thankful for everything that happens. I’m receiving more than enough. Maybe this tells me one thing: to pursue what I have started. There’s no turning back! I’m still not assured of passing the training or getting hired at last, but one thing’s for certain – I’ll give it my all. At the start, I really don’t care about the result of the training. I considered this as an additional learning experience, that’s all. I haven’t look at the much brighter side of this training – having a decent job. Now, I am another step forward. I won’t waste this opportunity. It is the time to prove to myself what I’m capable of.
Still, I have prepared myself for anything to come. I may fail this one, but I won’t have any regrets. I did my best, anyways. If this is not for me, so be it. For now, I have nothing else in mind but to finish the training.
*****************************************
I don’t know how to feel right now. October is fast approaching, and so is the semester break. I’m planning to apply for any position (where I can use my learning) in a school, maybe as an instructor. At least, I can assure myself of continuous learning while at school. But for now, I’m still in a place where I have no assurance if I will be hired (negative thinking again, no!), and at the same time, I don’t know if I’m capable enough to perform the task well. Another crossroad coming up! Let’s just say I really need a job (though I don’t want THIS job, well, I’m trying to love it).
Still confused? Hmmm… I must remind myself of the reasons I must pursue this one: My parents are expecting too much from me, and I can’t fail them; The words of encouragement from my best friend; The foundation/scholarship; what else? Uhmmm… (oooopss, non-word) I think I’m free to write anything here, right? After all, I can best express myself through my pen and not my voice. Well, this should be a part of another story, so better create a separate space for it.
****************************************
I’m not looking for a “romantic” relationship here (in the training). I have always reminded myself that “it” will come my way, no need to find it. Wait, wait, and wait. I’m good at waiting. No need to hurry, someday, she will come to my life, just like a long lost friend. I’m still young (though not good looking, OUCH! the truth hurts). Anyways, I’m there to learn and have a job. That’s all. I’m not falling again. Not here, not now, not with someone whom I don’t know that well (and who I think is not available, it hurts again). Maybe it’s just a simple attraction, after all, I’m a guy. Maybe, I’m just longing to be with someone whom I can spend my time with, whom I can share my stories with, whom I can give and receive special attention. Maybe I’m just missing someone whom I cared for like no other. I’m not really looking for love. I still believe that the right person will come, my only problem is not knowing where and when it will happen.

Are we friends or are we not?
You told me once but I forgot.
Tell me now and tell me true
So I can say I’m here for you
Of all the friends I’ve ever met
You are the one I can’t forget
And if I die before you do
I’ll go to heaven and wait for you.
==========================================
Side Comments:
BanAEnA! AePol! Marjarine! The JOhn!
The TaEn Men! A fashionably tan man sat casually at the bat stand, lashing a handful of practice bats. The mEnYger, a crabby old bag-of-bones (bagobones), stand by and laughed! "You're about average JAck, can't you (kenchu) laEsh fas(t)er than that? JAcK had had enough, so he clambered to his feet and lashed bats faster than any man have ever lashed bats. He lashed bats so fast, that he seemed to dance. The mEnYger was aghast! JAcK, you're a MASTER BAT LASHER! Satisfied at laEst, JAck, and never lashed another baEt. (Observe proper pronunciation while reading:p)
Comments sa side comments:
May napala din naman pala ako sa pagpasok sa callcenter. UMARTE! Nyahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment