Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Secret (Much more of an inspired article) Posted Nov 3, '08

Here’s a bit of secret about me. I am easily attracted with simple yet witty-looking ladies, especially those who wear eyeglasses. I can’t help but admire them. It’s natural for men to notice good-looking women, but for me, the intellectual outshines them all.

A reason for this “instinct” is my special admiration for my best friend. She’s a very intelligent lady; in fact, she finished her college years at the University of the Philippines Los Banos. We first met way back 9 years when we joined the RSPC at Sta. Cruz, Laguna. A week later, we participated on the District Science Camp and Fair. Those were just the two incidences that I met and had a short talk with her. I remembered her since then because I really wanted to be her friend. Even children have their own “crushes”, and for me, that would be her. She’s fun to be with, has an angelic voice, and of course, witty – some of the characteristics why I admired her.

I have waited for another seven years before we met again. Thanks to the new technology! I found her account in Friendster, and got her mobile number. I’m very grateful because she welcomed me as a long lost friend. And there starts this wonderful friendship. My admiration for her was still there, but this time, it was friendship that I’m really after for. I considered those days as the “golden age” of my cell phone. We are texting each other from time to time. We know what is happening to the other for almost every minute of our lives. It is like being in a romantic relationship, the only difference is that we are both aware that we’re just good friends.
She had taught me a lot of things. Literally speaking, she brought music to my life. She’s the reason I’m a music lover now. She made me realize how valuable I am. She gave me the courage to face some of my most crucial challenges. She is a part of my dreams. She is my best friend, adviser, teacher, and sister. More importantly, she is my “twin”. We called each other “twins” because we have a lot of similarities; in interests, academics, (and love life)? We are both fond of writing, consistent honor students, and concerned on the current issues affecting the public. We are there for each other in what seemed to be the turning point of our separate love stories, (and unfortunately, we both failed). We’ve been together through a lot, although we’re not seeing each other. Thanks to our cell phones.

Our communication somehow faded when she lost her phone. Good thing that friendster is there so we haven’t failed to keep in touch. We are still updated with each other’s lives. That’s one thing I’m really thankful for meeting her again. I became a better person. I find it easier to open myself with others. I owe half of my life to her.

My twin is my ideal one. If I am to choose whom to spend the rest of my life with, that would be with someone like her. It is an image of her that comes to my mind when asked regarding the subject. And my image of her is someone who is simple and intelligent. I associated eyeglasses with someone who is intelligent because it really makes her look witty, and also, my twin used to wear eyeglasses too. There maybe a lot of pretty and cute ladies, but for me, the simple ones are the most beautiful, just like my best friend.

How I wish there could be another girl like her in this world.

===============================

I have written this one out of another requirement for a speech in my callcenter training. It appeared that I have made this one of my most remarkable(Yehey!) writings.

Afterall, this is a narration of how I started to be a better person.
By having her with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment