Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Personal Mission Statement (Posted FS Blog Sep 23, '08)

If I wrote a personal mission state, it would say “To achieve self-actualization through genuine service and hardwork, share the Lasallian education to the less privileged, and be a part of the positive change for the society where the physical, physiological, intellectual and spiritual needs of the people will be continuously developed and preserved.

Self actualization, as depicted in Abraham Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, is the highest among the basic needs of man. Everyone wants to feel complete, and reaching the highest need fulfills the same. Our dreams, aspirations, goals, and visions: these form part of our self-actualization. We will feel complete if and only if we have achieved everything we dreamt of. This may include a stable career, a happy family life, a dream home, and the list goes on and on. Something we can consider ideal for ourselves: this is self actualization. The term “ideal” might be an impossible concept, but as long as our hearts are contented with the way things are going, we can call it self-actualization.

For every achievement, there’s a corresponding action that led to it. As they said, success is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration. To attain self actualization, one must exert all the efforts that he may give for the said goal. If you want something, you must work for it. For my part, I’m more than willing to dedicate myself through genuine service, perseverance and hard work.
My college education is something I’m very thankful for. I couldn’t have finished my tertiary years if not for the generous people who lent their hands to mine. I’m forever indebted to the Foundation for Sharing Lasallian Education for giving me the most wonderful gift of a lifetime. The day will come that a former scholar will be a benefactor to a less privileged but academically gifted child. I promise to share the lasallian education that was once shared to me by the foundation.

I have always aspired to be a part of the force that will initiate the positive change for the society, a reason why I dreamt of being a lawyer. I want justice to be served equally among the citizens of the country. I want to overhaul the system characterized by rampant graft and corruption. I believe that the development of all the dimensions of the society depends upon the people managing it. The first step to change is to start it with ourselves. Then, with better people, better government instrumentalities will be established. With clean and good governance, all the other societal systems will be benefited. A good government can provide the basic needs of everyone: food in every family’s table, education for the youth, jobs for everyone, a stable economy, peaceful and orderly society, excellent public service, and a god-fearing nation.

This is my mission. It may sound too perfect, but it is not impossible.

=========================

Side comments:

I think I forgot that I once had a personal mission statement:p

No comments:

Post a Comment