Tuesday, September 1, 2009

An Article Inspired by "My Sassy Girl" (Posted Oct 27, '08)

Today is just an ordinary day.

I don’t know if it’s just me or something else that makes me think about “that” topic.
I’m always trying to identify myself with something or someone I have seen or encountered. Maybe it’s just that I am longing for something, actually, wanting to experience how to be in love. This time, I found it in a movie I have just watched tonight: “My Sassy Girl”. The story is the typical love story with a twist, something about heartbreak, parting and being reunited.

When I was younger, I don’t really like watching the sort of movies. But as I learn life, I’m slowly trying to cope with those kinds of stories, for the reason that I want to experience it myself. Maybe I’m not ready for it, but hey, there’s no law prohibiting man to dream, right?

Similarities: (or so I think). Here they are. [maybe, I don’t have the right to compare myself with the protagonist because it is a different type of relationship they had (mine is just a daydream, pretending there really is one, when in fact, it’s just in my mind) ]
(background music … I believe, ^_^ , inspired by the film)

When the guy first met the girl (she was drunk), and later discovered that he’s starting to have special affection for her, all he wanted is to make the girl happy, to lessen or totally release all her burden.

Well, let’s based this writing on the trajectory of the story.

Their first meeting wasn’t that nice. But as they get along with each other, they’re starting to know each other better.

The girl has a strong personality (or that’s what she’s trying to manifest, but deep inside, she’s just as delicate as any woman after heartbreak).(ok, this part is not in my “imagination”, coz the girl in my dream is not that strong, actually, she’s the opposite. How I wish I could be with someone like the “sassy” girl.)

(ooopppssss….. my thoughts are coming out of nowhere. I should organize it first.)

The relationship was going well. The guy seems to be the slave, but in a funny way. They shared a lot of stupid and nonsense moments (not that nonsense, it was actually fun, I can’t help but laugh as they do their “crazy” stuff.) After all, the guy promised to do everything just to make the girl happy (the same thing I promised myself when I met the girl in my dream, though she’s gone now, well, I will promise the same with whoever might have the special place in my heart).

The girl is a self-proclaimed writer. (I liked that part, her stories were really unique and unusual) she wants the guy to read her works. Though the guy doesn’t really have interests with those, he tried to like them (well, me too, I don’t want to hear from her the magic words “would you like to die?”) those stories always have a “character from the future”. This is something significant in the later part of the story.


Being in a relationship like that is really an adventure. Your craziest moments with the person you want to share the rest of your life with – thinking ‘bout it makes me feel lonely coz I don’t have someone like her.

Now, on the conflict of the story.

“Sometimes I knew her, sometimes I don’t.”

I thought I knew her.

They had to break up the relationship in what seemed to be the happiest day of their lives.

(this is the part I loved the most. They buried their letters under a tree and promised to return there after two years to read those letters, to finally know if they are really for each other.)

The guy returned after two years. The girl wasn’t there. He read the letter. He discovered that the girl had a previous relationship with a guy who had just died (the day they first met, the reason she’s drunk, lying that she broke up with her boyfriend). She’s still in love with him, trying to find her former boyfriend in the guy. The more they know about each other, the harder it gets for her to forget him. She said she’s being unfaithful to him (the x). She’s stuck in her past. And as she said, the guy is from the future. The one she needs is someone from the future. (the guy in her scripts)
She said she is not ready to forget her former boyfriend. She’s not wise enough to make her own decisions, the reason she wanted more time to think about their relationship.

The guy returned almost everyday, hoping she’ll be there. But it took another year before the girl had the strength to face her future and forget her past. He was not there, instead, she met an old man, saying that he knows the secret hidden under the tree. She found out that the guy has been there. She haven’t noticed that the tree was not the same one, that the older one has been struck by a lightning, and the guy planted a new one, so if ever she will return, she’ll recognize the tree where they have hidden their feelings. She finally found herself. She’s free from her past. And now, the only problem is to find him.

And as for any love story, fate brought them together.

”Do you know what fate means?”
“It is the bridge that brings two people together.”

That’s it for the story.

How about mine?

I just want to write, because it is in writing I can best express myself. I promise that I will take out all the sorrow of the one I love. I will do anything for her. I don’t want to live in my past anymore, neither in my future. I want to live in the present. I want to be in a relationship. I want to feel love. I want to love and be loved. Above anything else, I want to write my own story. I want to create my fate. Before, I believe in destiny. Now, what I believe is that we are the ones who make it. Destiny is what man wants his life to be. And if ever I’m wrong, I want to change my fate, my destiny. I wish I have the power to change it.

=========================

Side comments:

Hmmm...

Wala na ako masabi:)

Ang cute cute ni Sassy Girl!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment