Saturday, November 10, 2012

Grateful


I attended CLP with the mindset of strengthening and further renewing my faith. Just like my first try, I was overwhelmed by how fast and effective prayers work, and if we chose to be by His side. A friend told me that nothing can go wrong if we are with Him. True enough, because right now, I’ve been receiving the blessings of my revived belief.

It’s been two months since CLP started. As of writing this, we only need to complete 3 more talks before we can be officially called “graduates”, thus becoming members of Singles for Christ. Three more weeks, and I will have finally accomplished something I really wanted to complete. Back on my solo retreat, I vowed to dedicate myself to serve Him in any way possible. Having experienced this before, attending the CLP was the first idea I had. Everything conspired to let me attend this program. And everything has never been the same since then.

Before CLP, I embraced silence to heal my broken heart from a failed relationship. Something so good had ended, and I can’t cope immediately back then. A beautiful music ceased from playing, and everything was just so quiet. I loved silence once more, but remnants of that music kept playing for seconds in short intervals. I can’t easily close a chapter from my life. The only way I thought of was to keep myself occupied with matters just to keep myself awake in reality. Then I found what I was looking for in silence. A voice called me, welcomed me once more despite me turning my back to Him so many times before. I was healed. I started listening to that voice, and I enjoyed it better than any music I’ve heard.

I have already received so many blessings since I started CLP. I’ve been doing well at work. My family has become united once more. What seemed to be a long shot to make this possible happened in an instant. I found ways to be open to others once again, something I restricted myself from when I was enjoying that wonderful music of a platonic love. I realized the mistakes I committed, my shortcomings to my family, friends, loved ones, and my former love. I asked for forgiveness, and I believed I was already forgiven by God’s great mercy. I enjoyed listening to a new kind of music. I enjoyed reading and writing again. I found a shining star and was inspired by its light. I found a community where I can be just myself. I was renewed. And right now, I am working on clearing any traces of my sorrow and suffering in the past, keeping their lessons but not the bitter memories. Everything happened according to God’s will. Everything I’m wishing for, I’m raising it to God’s will as well. I believe in His plans for me.

For all these, I’ll forever be grateful. I praise and I thank God for letting me experience His love.

I hope to finally complete CLP in the next two weeks. Just a little bit closer, I’ll be there in time.

To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment