Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Short yet Meaningful Session: CLP Talk 10


I came earlier than my usual arrival time at the Risen Christ Chapel for the Talk 10 of CLP. There were only a few Service Team members for the other chapter will be holding their baptism today.

Summary for the day: Short Yet Meaningful Session.

I was introduced by Bro. Den to one of the ST members who I have noticed for quite some time, Sis. Angie. She’s bubbly, energetic and has a good singing voice. I hope I can have more conversations with her as well as the rest of the ST whom I still haven’t had a chat with. This, after all, is one of my reasons for joining this: to belong to a community where I will be accepted and just be myself.

Sis. Angie led the practice along with Sis. Zel. I’m quite surprised, or better yet delighted, because one of the songs we will be practicing today is Grateful. I have just created another note earlier this day with the same title, and have posted the song in my FB account last night. What a coincidence! Anyways, this highlights my gratefulness for all the blessings I received this week. Thank you, Lord God.

Let’s continue with the musical:

I will lift your name on high
And I’ll forever worship you
And I will serve you with all of my heart
Coz you are my God
I’ll forever be grateful
===
I will shout forever
You are my Lord
All throughout eternity
You are the king

You are praiseworthy Lord
You are praiseworthy
You are praiseworthy
Oh my Lord
===
Here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that You’re my God

You’re altogether lovely
Altogether worthy
Altogether wonderful to me
===

Bro. Jerome is the talk giver for the night. Growing in the Spirit is the theme of Talk 10. First, he asked us about our experience the day after baptism. I said what I really felt: that day I was overflowing, ablaze and overjoyed. I know that I have received the gifts of the Holy Spirit, although they have yet to manifest in the most obvious manner. We had a fun discussion for Bro. Jerome facilitated like we’re in a teambuilding or Boy Scout session: a talk filled with a variety of Yes Claps. That made me feel young again (I’m still young at heart, anyway :D). Bro. further discussed the 5 tools (for Catholics) to grow in the spirit: Prayer, Study, Service, Fellowship, and Sacraments. I’ve been praying daily since my retreat. I just have to practice to be more spontaneous, which I think Bro. Den has advised me on in one of our sessions. I’ve been reading the daily Bible readings back on that same day. I think I still need to work on Service since I have some weak points for this one. Same goes with Fellowship. I need to improve big time for this since I am naturally an introvert. Bit by bit I’ve been enjoying and getting used to the fellowship within the community, as well as with my colleagues and other friends. I will be better at this in God’s time. I’ve been observing the usual sacraments during Sunday Masses and have experienced the others since childhood. There’s still a lot of work to do for me to let the see planted within me grow into a tree.

Metanoia: Accepting the changes. Not to miss this particular word since this is something that we should observe since the day that the Holy Spirit was reawakened within us on Baptism.

The fun never stops as we had a Pinoy Henyo type of game. It’s quite difficult to guess a word, well, congratulations to the other team for scoring a point.

We ended the session by 9:00pm, the earliest since we started the CLP. Most of the Service Team went to the other chapter’s session for the Baptism of the participants there. Before ending, Bro. Elmar announced that we won’t be having CLP next week. Talk 11 will be on the week after, and our Graduation/ Lord’s Day will be by December 1-2, together with the other chapters. We also need to prepare a presentation for the said day. I’ve got a full schedule ahead of me; I even have reserved those dates for our teambuilding. I pray to Lord God to help me decide how to manage my time. I will find my answer in God’s grace.

We’re almost there. Thank you, Lord God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment