Sunday, October 28, 2012

Overflowing. Ablaze. Overjoyed: CLP Day 10

I have no exact description of what I'm feeling right now. The first words I can think of are those that are in the title of this note. I am overflowing with joy. I am ablaze by His love. I can say words which I myself won't be able to comprehend. I thank Lord God for the gifts of the Holy Spirit I received today. 

It is Day 10, Talk 9 of the CLP. This marks one, if not, the penultimate events in the program û our Baptism. Today we uttered the same words our parents and godparents once said during our first Baptism. This time, it's our turn to be conscious and put those words into reality. A special day needs special preparations. Within the week, I had my one-to-one session with Bro. Den and another confession. I feel refreshed after fulfilling the prerequisites. With a happy heart, I started praying for the gifts I wanted to receive. 

I had my first CLP Baptism six years ago. I can't exactly remember the details of my previous experience, except that I started my day picking up a good friend so we can come together at the venue, listened to some instructions from the leaders, selected a gift of Holy Spirit, closed my eyes and opened my hands as a trio of Brothers prayed over me, and the day ended with a free meal. That was the last day of my first CLP. Now that I am here on the same day once more, I can't explain what I feel. I'm very thankful for this second chance. I have reached the checkpoint, and I'm looking forward to completing the remainder of the program. 

Today, I almost had the same experience, but this time, we had done a lot more. We started with the free meal (thanks to the Service Team for the food), anticipating that we will end up by midnight. We haven't practiced much of the songs. I must say one of the highlights of the day was from Bro. Marlon, our facilitator/speaker. He kept the introduction and the activity lively with his animated sharing and talk. There was never any dead-air while he's delivering the talk and giving out further instructions. Of all the lessons he shared, the one that struck me the most is the option to receive all the gifts of the Holy Spirit. We may have chosen at least three, but there's nothing wrong with receiving all of them since they are gifts from God. With these gifts (which I pray I have wholeheartedly received), I hope to use them wisely so I can also be an instrument of God in sharing his teachings and blessings to others. This, after all, is one of my main intentions for joining CLP once again. I have opened my hands, closed my eyes, felt like floating, shed tears, and felt myself burning with the Holy Spirit. I really cannot say the exact words for this experience. It was good. I can still feel it inside me. I hope this will reside in me and never leave my body, so the tongue of fire will keep burning within me. 

The entire chapel in dim light, the Music Min softly singing worship songs, prayer sessions all around, my co-participants with our eyes closed, and our dedicated prayer partners telling God our wishes: I will never forget this scene. For the most of the session I kept my head bowed down and my eyes closed with a silent prayer in my head. To bring more light in the place, and to close the baptism, we lighted our candles û a symbol of the burning Holy Spirit in us; also a symbol of the light God first showed us, and the same light we will use to guide others. 

All the lights were turned on once again, and there goes the music marathon. This has been the best day of CLP for me so far. I never get tired of singing and clapping (though I don't know most of the songs, I just enjoyed the melody and the lyrics of course) together with the community. 

The seed has been planted. A sapling has started growing. I will continue to water this until it grows into a full-bloomed tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment