Monday, November 26, 2012

Eleven

That’s the count. It was Talk 11 of CLP, The Life and Mission of Singles for Christ. I’m almost there.  Just one more step, and I can finally reach what I am aiming for since Day 1.

The day started with a (cancelled) practice session for our Lord’s Day presentation. I won’t make it to the practice tomorrow so I made sure to attend this one. Unfortunately, we weren't able to have this today. I guess I’ll have to try to make it up some other day, at least within the week.

The CLP today was held at Saint Joseph the Worker Chapel, the first time we had it there.  We had to wait a couple of minutes outside the chapel for the Homeowners were still having their meeting. A few cleaning chores within the chapel and off we go. The Music Min immediately practiced the songs for the night. Since I attended the Thursday practice, the same day they initially prepared for the eleventh, I already knew the songs. Time to sing again:

===
It’s you that I am living for
For you Lord I will worship more
I will raise my hands and worship
Worship you
===
I will follow Your way 
For Your love has taken my heart
My life, my praise is all for You
And Your heart has captured me
For I am taken by Your
Endless mercies and Your graces, my God
 ===
You are the Lord let my heart sing praise
Oh, oh let my heart sing praise to you
Halle, Hallelujah
Halle, Hallelujah

Bro. Jerico was the talk giver for the eleventh. It was also a brief talk. He started with a question on what Singles for Christ is. My first idea is a community. A better term would be “a support group” for every man and woman, to help them in preparation for either the married life or single blessedness. He also discussed about the history of SFC. Bro. Echo shared some experiences on how SFC made wonders for him. I believe every member of the community has his/her own story to share. I can’t wait to hear those, and I know I will be listening to lots of them by next week, and in the coming months, after being certified as an SFC member.

I found a community where I enjoy every single moment of my stay. I may be silent at times, I may be smiling without any reason at all, I may be talking nonstop, and I may look serious and have my game face on. All these are just manifestations on how I really loved being here. I have found my peace in the community, with the new friends, and with the Lord God in the center of our lives. I look forward to the coming days, weeks, months, and years to come as a member of this community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment