Monday, October 15, 2012

FAther Mother ILY : CLP Talk 7

For once, we finally had clear skies on a Saturday night. I haven't brought my umbrella with me this time, and I felt good about it. My instinct was right. Rain did not fall on that Saturday night. Let's celebrate Day 8, Talk 7 of the CLP. 

This week's theme is the "Christian Family". The speaker of the night is Bro. Rhed, the man who had the greatest influence to Bro. Elmar in the community. The community is already a family. It is heartwarming to see this extended relationships go along for years. I'm hoping to stay here longer , coz this is where I found my peace.

As the routine goes, we practiced the songs for the night. The praise songs were the same ones we sang on our orientation: Truly Home and By Your Side. I enjoyed singing them this time (though a number of times I heard myself out of tune, and hid it with a smile) for I feel freer with the clapping of my hands and stomping of my feet. Our worship song is something new to me. Here goes:

How great is our God sing with me
How great is our God and all will see
How great, How great is our God....

Name above all names
You are worthy of all praise
My heart will sing
How great is our God...

Bro. Rhed started on a high note, throwing as quick questions along with little jokes. One of the questions I had the most interest with is the difference between knowledge and wisdom. Before he asked that, I have used those terms interchangeably. Now that it has opened up for explanations, I suddenly realized that there was a big difference between the two; and I was struck at bull's eye. All along, I only had knowledge, but lack wisdom. With this, I might have to rethink the gift I want to receive come baptism. 

He talked of how can one be called a Christian Family. Based from the talk, it has to be (1) a basic unit of the society; (2) a place for teaching and training; (3) a training ground for leaders; and (4) a domestic church. I tried to categorize if my family belongs to one. I admit that we lack of a lot of things, but I believe that we have even more positive hopes than those shortcomings. I will work on bringing my family a step closer to being a "Christian" one. It's a long road, but this CLP taught me the value of patience, hard-work, and most of all, faith. I believe, God always has a better plan. 

We even had a livelier group sharing. Team Pogi (I just came up with this name, thanks to our Pogi Clap)  is complete. This time, I had a better share of listening to their stories. And as always, I felt loads better as we finished the sharing. Bro. Den also gave notice on the upcoming baptism and how we should prepare for it. So I'm getting closer to the day when I stopped the first time. I pray to go further in this second serving. 

Talk 8 is just a week from now. I can't wait for that day to come. 

Inching closer and closer towards my first goal. Thank you, Lord God!