Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Wind and Fire: CLP Talk 8


Finally, it’s Saturday once more. I have been waiting for this day to come for two reasons: First, I will have another time to rest after a busy week at work and; Second, I will be attending the Talk 8 of the CLP.

I first woke up at around 1 in the afternoon, watched a few One Piece episodes, read “It’s not that Complicated”; fell asleep by 4, woke up by the alarm at 5:30; fell asleep again; and woke up at 7:00 pm. I AM LATE! I moved as quickly as a fox and prepared for the program. Thank God I made it; I arrived at exactly the opening Praise songs. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to sing with the group for I don’t know the lyrics and rhythm of the songs, except for one. I have been waiting to sing this one as this is the song I can best remember from my first CLP.

Ablaze

I am ablaze for You Lord
I wanna go out and spread Your love
Ablaze for You Lord
Together we're setting the world on fire
 ===

Whom Shall I Fear

The Lord is my light and my salvation
Whom shall I fear?
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life
Whom shall I fear?
Whom shall I fear?
 ===
Consuming Fire

Consuming fire fan into flame
A passion for Your Name
Spirit of God won't you fall in this place
Lord have Your way
Lord have Your way with us


 ===

Our topic for tonight is Life in the Holy Spirit. This is the second to the last topic I was able to attend from my first CLP. I can barely remember the entire details of my first try, though I can still recall something remarkable back then. Bro. Lance, a full-time SFC member, is our speaker. Life in the Holy Spirit is fun and meaningful. Among the ideas one can think of when talking about the Holy Spirit are the Three Personas in One God, and its wind and tongues of fire form. The story of the Ascension and the Pentecost has been tackled. And of course, we should never miss the Gifts of the Holy Spirit. Come next week, we will be choosing at least 3 of the 9 gifts we want to receive. I initially thought of receiving just one, but this time, they said we can select 3. I have already thought of mine and pray that I will be worthy come our Baptism. 

Now I can’t wait for the next week to come. But before that, we need to have One to One sessions again, have a confession, and come early next Saturday in semi-formal attire. It’s been six years since my first CLP Baptism. That was the last day of CLP for me back then. This time, I will make sure to finish the remainder of the program, and be a certified SFC member. There are so many things I’m looking forward to: conferences, outreach programs, teaching sessions, and so many more.

I’m so blessed for being here. I really have found my peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment