Wednesday, March 3, 2010

ChatChatChat

Now my views about chat huh? Yeah, better place it here.

Chat, for me, is an outlet for revealing someone's personality, though it be the real or hidden in the eyes of "real" people around a person. You can make you own rules, clans, families, and so on and so forth. You can talk about anything, Yes, ANYTHING, with or without limitations. That's why I think some really "exploit" or use this to their advantage. Exploit, in the sense that they gain benefits from chatting. An extension of one's self. This is chat.

Most chatters join clans to feel "security", be identified, and also for their sense of belongingness to be fulfilled: to establish relationships where one can assume a role (husband and wife, father, mother, brother sister, happily brush your teeth ^_^). Yes, assume. This could be good in shaping/revealing his/her personality. They establish their own rules, call themselves "this" and "that" to portray themselves, or someone else who they really wanna be.They are the authority here. While for some (or perhaps the majority), they enjoy being in these families. I would also want to be a member of these groups, but just as a bystander. I want to mingle with others, join conversations, play games and the like. Of course, I want "unity" here, but there are just some things which I think are to silly for me to do (using whatever names and wearing "clan uniforms", well, I am the captain of my self. ).

Some chatters prefer to abide by their own rules (me included). There was a point when I wanted to chat just so I can say "I belong". Later I realized that I have other needs to fulfill. I need friends. And so it was all that I wanted here. Chat has been my outlet for all the time that I've been alone. Here there's no one who can boss me around. That's why I hate it when somebody assumes he's higher than other, that he has more privileges over others. I hate joining clans for they impose their own rules. Yes, sure, go on with what you want. The hell I care. I dont want to wear those so-called "uniforms". It may be called your "rules". Yes, you are the authority. Yes, I dont follow those simple rules. This is because I don't want to. I am here to chat and enjoy, to meet new friends. Call me stupid or idiot or (hmm, what is the english term for Pasaway?^_^ deviant, violator, offender, what?), but I will live my life as I want to. This is my escape to the real rules of the world. By damn I will not let follow any other rule except what I think is right and proper to well-established "rules of law and morality" (though sometimes I violate them myself). It doesn't necessarily mean that I don't want to be ordered around. Well, somehow like that. But what I really wanted here is FREEDOM. Freedom with responsibility and discernment, that is. (that's why I wanna become the Pirate King, to be the man with the most Freedom in this world :D See you in Final Island, Monkey D. Luffy . One Piece Fan here folks:D)



There are those who have started working out romantic relationships through chat. This works the same as textmates who then "falls in love with each other" after some time. Hmmm. My stand here: I don't believe in relationships which are "pure chat" and "chat alone". Yes, I agree that you may start relationships here, you may meet interesting people, know and eventually fall for them. But keeping these relationships within the bounds of the electronic world, this I don't think is healthy. Not for being a bitter who has not experienced the same both in real and "virtually", this is just what I believe in. It will be too difficult for one to hold on to such relationships. It may be possible for some. My point is, having "physical connection/contact/communication" still makes the difference. I don't see anything wrong with starting relationships through chat and the like. It 's just like long distance relationships. What matters here is how you sustain the same. And as for me, it is always good, and almost imperative, to build these relationships "for real". Anyways, I have welcomed myself for opportunities to meet someone interesting here as well :P.

There are some who are called "Pampam": Flooders, Trolls, and the like. They usually disturb the "peaceful and innocent chatters" by blocking their means of a clear conversation. I've heard DJ Tado (brewrats! Tama!) used to do the same as a form of relaxation. Well, I can't blame them. There are those who want to do things which will bring them "pleasure" despite the fact that they are actually causing somebody else's discomfort. No comment here. I don't wanna offend them, we all have different mindsets here. Let them be. Let them be the terrorists who wants to cause upheaval just to attain their personal goals. Let them be the tyrants who continue to oppress it's people for their own benefit. (*evil grin)( God please forgive them for they do not know what they are doing^_^.)

Again, there's Freedom here.

This is, my opinion. I don't know how you define Chat and it's implication in your life. After all, "We may look at the same thing and see it differently.", right?

1 comment: