Friday, November 29, 2013

To my new found joy

I barely noticed you before
Yet the universe conspired for me to see you
You were always there
Seems to have your own world
With people already involved
Filled in every role

Then you let your presence felt
You started to show your real self
Took the time to care
Your contagious joy
Your sweet messages
The way you let the child in you play
Your signature pose in every captured moment
The smile drawing on your face
Each time I see you
But deep within
The little girl calls for help
Crying
Longing for something
Missing a gap
Trying to find an answer
Looking for a permanent reason to smile

From your troubles I wanted to rescue you
To hold your hand and stand up tall
For you not to lose hope
To keep believing in everyone
In service and in God
Most of all in yourself
Despite all that you've been through

Yesteday is a mere record
Tomorrow is just a vision
These aren't necessary
For the present you is what matters

I can't promise anything
If I can, I won't
Because promises are not needed
Just a commitment
To continue filling that missing piece
To be with you in times of loneliness
To heal you from all your pain
To guide you in service
To be whatever you need
And to love you unconditionally

I love you
My new found joy

No comments:

Post a Comment