Saturday, August 25, 2012

Dreaming On...

It is the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life more interesting. - Excerpt from The Alchemist , Paulo Coehlo

My posts here have always been connected to my dreams and wishes. As I celebrate three years of insanity and absurdity, let me start another year with some of the renewed sources of that crazy sensation.



First: Faith

This is something I have neglected for quite some time. I'm somehow ashamed of the fact that one of my dreams has to end before I realize how big of a hole I was missing in my life. I failed to think about the Ultimate Source of Happiness when I was experiencing another kind of excitement. At the end of the day, I woke up to see a dream with open eyes. A dream has ended, yet another has been reborn.

It all started with silence. After a year filled with happiness comes a few weeks of total silence. I was there before. I'm used to the world where only I exist. I grew on the world concerned only for things of human nature. I was back to being a loner; not until I heard a voice calling me. I sought that voice, and I understood that I was never really alone. My search for human nature has been halted, the same day that my search for the Spirit began.

In silence, we can meet Him. In silence, the Holy Spirit will envelope us. In silence, we can freely talk to Him: praise Him, ask for forgiveness, thank Him, and pray for our wishes. A few moments with God will make a significant difference in our lives. Trust me. It makes a weary heart filled with laughter. With Him, everything will be alright.

He may have taken away some things from us, but rest assured that He had already laid a better plan for us to lead.

The main source of inspiration gives life to my other dreams...



Second: My long-term goal.

Not a single day have I forgotten about my dream of being a lawyer. I already took the first step two years ago - only to falter before taking another step for a million of reasons. I felt weak back then, losing all the confidence I had when I was just about to start the whole process. I had no choice but to put away the books, handouts and my pen back to my stock room.

Crushed even before the enemy fires the first shot. Back then, I let the coward side of me to prevail.

Today is a different story. I had revived my Faith. My heart had never been this light before. My mind is running in full steam. Unfortunately, I only have a pocketful of coins. God will provide, I know He will :) For the meantime, I will save for my future, and be back there in God's time. A good friend affirmed that it is not yet too late for me. I could be 50 and still, I can go back to school. Talk about thinking positive.

I promise to continue what I have started. I'm not running away from my dream again. My counterattack starts now.



And third: A star I will keep on gazing at.

That little spark have kept me alive in the oblivion. Darkness will never prevail as long as there is even a tiny ray of light guiding my way. Since then, that simple star has been one of the reasons my days have been brighter. Simple, yet extraordinary.

That star has revived my passion to go further - to be better than my best, to take full accountability on my tasks and to continue on searching for all the possible answers to my questions. That star awakened the learner in me. It may not be known to that star that I was already following her light. I guess, it is better like this. I can continue looking at that star in silence, seeking her light, and trying to reach it. As long as her light shines, I can continue learning. I can keep following that dream, and perhaps, I will be a better person. I am more than happy just looking on that simple star, after all, the possibility of reaching it can only make life more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment